What is a Point of Sale?
A Point Of Sale (POS) is exactly what it sounds like. It’s the point where a customer sale is completed. Not too long ago, customer purchases were made primarily at a register in a dedicated spot in a retail store. The cashier scanned your items or manually entered prices on a keyboard, and the register opened with a satisfying ring. With various system options available, customers can now pay where it’s most convenient for them; at a counter, a table in a restaurant, or in the aisle at a big box store. Pay curbside, in a drive-through, or at home with your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
Point Of Sale systems are not just for calculating totals, adding taxes, and making changes anymore. A POS system is a combination of software and hardware that can simplify many aspects of your business operations and workflow. They can gather and store valuable customer data, update inventory in real-time, and keep track of which staff members handle transactions. You can break down sales in whatever increments you choose — hourly, daily, or weekly — to make sure that you’re correctly staffed during peak customer shopping hours. Like a lot of retailers, you may see sales spikes during holidays or on the weekends. If you’re experiencing mid-week slumps, tailor promotions to drive traffic on those slower days.
Here are a few things that a sound POS system can do to improve your business:
- Offering multiple payment options
- Billing and order processing
- Documenting transactions
- Monitoring sales and buying trends
- Inventory management and ordering
- Building customer loyalty with personalized offers
- Staffing appropriately
- Employee management and training
- Manage promotions, discounts, and gift cards
- Adding an extra layer of security
- Consolidating reports from multiple locations
- Software updates and technical support
Who is Clover?
With Clover, you can choose POS software and hardware options based on your business’s specific needs. Your fully customized Clover POS solution comes ready to set up right out of the box. And since there’s no charge per employee, you can share the system with your entire staff. Clover POS systems work particularly well for restaurants, retailers, and general service business providers, like plumbers, landscapers, and other onsite contractors. All systems include:
- Tools that track revenue, sales peaks, and best-selling items. Built-in filters allow you to create custom reports that give you the answers you need to run a successful business. You can also gather sales reports from multiple locations, view end-of-day reports from every terminal, and track sales by employee.
- 24/7 customer service phone support.
- Ability to set up both digital and physical gift cards.
- Ability to accept payments online via virtual terminal.
- Compatibility with apps like QuickBooks.
- With Rapid Deposit, you can access funds within minutes instead of waiting for the typical one to three business days. (Adds a 1% charge)
Clover’s POS software syncs with the cloud, giving owners and managers real-time access to sales, deposits, and reports. Clover grows with you by providing a system that can quickly adapt with upgraded devices, apps, and accessories. Regardless of size, industry type, or location, Clover offers the Point Of Sale systems you need.
Clover Go: Take it on the go, and accept swipe, dip, and tap payments from your smartphone.
Clover Flex: A handheld POS system that accepts payments and signatures anywhere.
Clover Mini: A compact, countertop POS system that fits in the tightest spaces.
Clover Station: The bar & restaurant POS helps you run the entire house, front to back.
Clover Station Pro: The fastest, most secure, and most versatile POS system Clover offers.
Let’s Talk About the Clover Mini
One of Clover’s best-selling POS systems is the Clover Mini, the first fully-equipped countertop option Clover offers. It’s small, powerful, and affordable—at $749— compared to other similar countertop POS options. With the Clover Mini, you can quickly process payments, scan bar codes, and print customer receipts. Other features include:
- Take orders and payments online for quick, contactless delivery
- Pre-authorize bar tabs
- Authorize bar tabs, and calculate tips with bundled apps
- Send orders directly to kitchen or prep stations
- Apply Happy Hour pricing and other discounts easily
- Automatically apply taxes and service charges for large parties
- Report revenue from separate areas, like for bars versus the dining room
- Set up employee logins and manage access permissions
- $100,000 liability protection against data breaches
- 24/7 customer support
The Clover Mini replaces standard POS terminals and is EMV-ready and comes equipped with an integrated NFC reader, barcode scanner, and an on-screen PIN pad with signature capture. The Clover Mini comes pre-loaded with the Counter Service Restaurant plan for restaurant management, designed for fast-casual, quick-serve, and counter service restaurants.
Who is NCR?
Previously known as National Cash Register, the NCR Corporation is an American software and technology company that makes POS terminals, self-service kiosks, ATMs, check processing systems and barcode scanners.
The nearly 140-year-old company is responsible for a lot of firsts when it comes to customer payment transactions. NCR invented the electronic cash register, the magnetic stripe on the back of credit cards, and self-service checkout machines like you see at large grocery store chains.
NCR has long been a leading provider of POS software for the restaurant and hospitality industries and continues to build innovative systems for banks, big businesses, and small business owners. With its extensive expertise in the restaurant industry, NCR has developed specialized POS systems to streamline and improve every dining experience.
NCR Silver Essentials
- With a multi-tasking dashboard, business owners and managers can check customizable reports to help make informed decisions in their day-to-day operations.
- Build customer loyalty with email marketing tools.
- Set up is easy with the assistance of the NCR Silver Concierge Team.
- Manage multiple locations, keep track of inventory and sales from any internet-enabled device.
- Simplify employee training with Silver Essentials’ intuitive, easy-to-use interface.
- Set sales goals, monitor progress, and launch location-specific marketing campaigns from anywhere that has internet access.
NCR Silver Pro Restaurant
- Set up is easy with the award-winning NCR Silver Concierge Team.
- Reliable and stable business tools provide insightful and actionable data.
- Manage multiple locations through a single dashboard
- Save time and money training employees with an intuitive interface
- Drive customer loyalty and increase average ticket totals
- Clock employees in and out with easy management tools
- Update menu prices and specials with ease, and warn staff about low stock
- Set automatic discount pricing for events such as happy hours
- Add takeout, delivery, and catering functions without adding additional equipment
- Continue accepting payments even during an internet outage
- Split checks easily for multiple customers
Who is Shopkeep POS?
ShopKeep by Lightspeed offers responsive, affordable POS systems primarily for specialty shops and restaurants. With a pay-as-you-go, monthly subscription service ShopKeep can offer its customers the flexibility and value they’re searching for. ShopKeep is an excellent choice for small businesses that are just starting out by providing an efficient and easy-to-use system.
ShopKeep by Lightspeed’s POS systems operate as hybrid models. The ShopKeep app runs locally from an iPad or Clover device and syncs data back to the cloud. During an internet outage, the app runs with all available features and can continue to take payments offline on a Clover device.
ShopKeep offers various pricing plans to accommodate businesses of all sizes, ranging from $49/month to $179/month. And for merchants processing less than $5000/month ShopKeep by Lightspeed also offers a limited free plan* that includes:
- One register
- One employee
- Unlimited inventory
- Sales reports
- Limited access to ShopKeep Pocket app
* The free plan does not include live customer support, and you’ll need to upgrade when you begin to process more than $5000/month.
Payline POS Integration
Payline’s payment experts can help you choose the Point Of Sale system that works best for your business. Whether you’re a startup or a brand operating multiple locations, we’ll review your choices and make recommendations based on your specific needs. Give your customers the choice of payment options that will provide the most straightforward and most secure transactions.
Payline provides seamless integration with a comprehensive suite of management tools. Our easy-to-use dashboard works with a variety of POS systems, and your dedicated payment expert will show you how to maximize the benefits of the system you choose. We’ll take care of compliance, updates, and support so you can focus on keeping your customers happy and coming back for more.
Upgrading your POS system with Payline Data provides the following benefits:
- Seamless integrations with a new or existing Point Of Sale system
- Reduces expenses with your choice of more than 300 business apps
- Use customer data to increase loyalty and improve scheduling
- Integration capabilities with current devices
- Scheduled and recurring billing options
- ACH payments
- A dedicated payments page (what your buyers see when they make a purchase)
With Payline, you’ll get simple, transparent pricing with no additional fees, no long-term contract, as well as a dedicated account manager.
Payline + Clover POS
Payline resells and integrates with the Clover Mini POS system to offer customers fast, easy, and secure payment transactions. By partnering with Payline, your operation gains access to the best available POS features while saving money with every transaction.
Combine Payline’s transparent pricing with the Clover Mini’s robust hardware and software, and you’ll get the lowest price per transaction regardless of the payment methods your customers are using. The best part? There are no additional fees and no long-term contracts to think about. You’ll also get a dedicated account manager when you sign up to help you find the best Point Of Sale system that provides the best solution for your business.
Purchasing Clover through Payline can help reduce your overall cost by passing our savings on to our customers.