Acquiring your first credit card is a somewhat daunting experience. With so many credit card brands to choose from, cards carry the notion of debt, credit scores, and monthly bills. This is why many young adults nowadays are putting off getting a credit card until after they’ve graduated college. And while the stipulations that come with owning a credit card can be stressful and at times burdensome, there are a number of credit cards and credit card brands that provide the user with earnings or rewards for using their product. Here are 5 great credit card brands that offer the best rewards cards in the business.
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card. The Sapphire Preferred Card by Chase Bank is the best travel rewards and large bonuses credit card in the field. This card provides the user with a calculated bonus value of $625 and is especially great when traveling abroad. Points on this card are earned thru dining and travel, as well as all other purchases. By accumulating enough points you’ll earn free travel and hotel stays over time, as well as other perks. Overall, the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card is one of the best rewards cards for frequent to moderate travelers alike.
- American Express Blue Cash Preferred® Card. With the fourth most transactions worldwide, American Express is definitely a household name when it comes to credit card brands. It should come as no surprise to see one of their cards on this list, and their Blue Cash Preferred Card is widely regarded as the best everyday spending credit card out there. Offering one of the highest reward rates out there at grocery store spending- 6% cash back on up to $6,000 of spending per year- as well as an unlimited 3% cash back at gas stations and department stores. Supplemented by an additional sign-up bonus, the Blue Cash Preferred Card is among the best credit cards for everyday use.
- Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card. Perhaps one of the more well-known credit cards out there due to their popular commercials, the Venture Rewards Card offered by Capital One is one of the easiest travel redemption cards available. With an estimated bonus value of $400, this is a great card for the frequent flyer and traveler. Earning 2 miles for every $1 spent on everything, these miles can also be redeemed for a credit against most travel expenses. This card also comes with a one-time bonus of 40,000 miles once you’ve spent $3,000 within the first 3 months.
- Citi® Double Cash Card. Citi, another company renowned among credit card brands offers the Double Cash card, which is the best flat-rate cash back card in the industry. This card offers cardholders one of the highest overall cash-back rates available. With this card, you’ll earn 1% cash back when you make a purchase and an additional 1% when you pay them off.
- Discover it® – Cashback Match™. Rounding off our list of reputable credit card brands, Discover’s Cashback Match card offers great online shopping cash back. With so much of our spending done online nowadays, it’s great to have one of the best rewards cards for spending. This card has no foreign transaction fees and offers a multitude of cash-back deals at a number of locations, as well as the ability to access the Discover Deals online bonus mall after sign-up. This perk offers 5% to 20% cash back on purchases at popular online retailers.
Finding the right credit card and knowing which credit card brands to give your business to depends entirely on your type of spending and lifestyle. These 5 cards are a great start to earning rewards and benefits from using these company’s cards, and with the average American household owing $15,000 annual credit card debt, you might as well get something in return for all this spending you’re doing.