Clover Point of Sale System
A point-of-sale system (POS) is crucial to running a successful retail business. When searching for the best POS solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, you’re likely to come across Clover. In this post, we take a closer look at what a Clover merchant can expect from the Clover POS system.
Who is Clover?
Clover is an easy-to-use point-of-sale system with multiple software and hardware options for small business owners with retail stores. It supports several payment options, including credit, debit, contactless cards, checks, mobile wallets, and EBT. A Clover merchant can check out customers wherever they are – online, phone, or on the go.
The POS solutions offered can also help streamline business processes through several ways, including tracking inventory and scheduling appointments.
Launched in 2010, Clover was acquired by First Data in 2012. In July 2019, Fiserv acquired First Data. Headquartered in Brookfield, WI, Fiserv is a global leader in offering financial technology and financial services. Clover payments are processed through Fiserv.
Benefits of Using Clover POS System
Clover isn’t a one-fit-all POS system. A Clover merchant has a variety of plans to choose from, according to the needs of their retail stores. Clover offers POS software and hardware options, which can also be customized. Of course, business owners can operate with a No Hardware plan, but not without software.
There’s software for Clover Payments, Clover Essentials, Clover Register, Clover Table Service Restaurant, and No Hardware plans. The cost ranges from FREE to $69.95 per month.
If you’re not sure of the perfect mix for your retail store, you can speak to Clover sales reps to help you make more informed decisions.
Clover Merchant Benefits
1. Reasonable payment processing costs. Clover is not the most affordable POS system around. However, if you compare the Clover payment processing costs with those charged by closest competitors like Square, you’ll notice you’re getting sensible rates. Payline Data offers an interchange pricing method which is the same used as companies like McDonalds, Walmart, and Starbucks. So you can get set up with a Clover POS and have Payline process your payments for a lower rate!
2. Each plan is backed by liability protection of up $100,000 to cover data fraud incidents.
3. No matter the system a Clover merchant chooses, they have access to customer support round the clock.
4. The Clover plans have reporting tools to help with tracking revenue, filtering POS reports, managing inventory, and tracking sales.
5. Since you’ll use Fiserv for Clover payment processing on the backend, you can take advantage of their Rapid Deposit feature. That way, your sales transactions get credited to your account almost instantly. Be aware that Fiserv charges a fee of 1% for each Clover payment.
6. Seamless integration with popular free and paid apps. If your business utilizes apps like Time Clock, QuickBooks, and Yelp, Clover can make your process more convenient.
7. Clover POS solutions support digital and physical gift cards.
8. A Clover merchant can process payments online through a virtual terminal.
Your Clover Hardware Options
With Clover, you have the following hardware options to consider besides the No Hardware:
- Clover Go – Priced at $99, Clover Go is a compact card reader that you can pair with your Android or iOS devices. With this hardware option, you can accept EMV chip credit and debit cards. You can also process contactless payments.
- Clover Flex – This hand-held POS costs $499, but it comes with some decent features to streamline your business payments. It serves more than processing payments. The device can help a Clover merchant conduct other business functions, such as capturing customer signatures, scanning bar codes, and printing receipts.
- Clover Mini – Although you’ll pay at least $749 for Clover Mini, this hardware option is a fully countertop POS system with capabilities to improve your operational efficiency. Besides processing payments a lot faster, Clover Mini also proves beneficial in managing payroll, inventory, overseeing employees, etc.
- Clover Station Solo – With the Clover hardware option, you’re getting an all-in-one business management POS system. Retailing for at least $1,349, Clover Station Solo is essentially an advanced version of Mini. It includes a cash drawer and offers better Clover payment processing speed, regardless of the workload.
- Clover Station Duo – This is Clover’s most powerful POS system. The Clover Station Duo is speedier with tons of features. It also provides a better customer experience because the POS hardware has a second screen facing the customers. A client can initiate a Clover payment and review their transaction as you finalize a sale.
The price of Clover will always be worth the value you get. It is user-friendly and packed with excellent features to process your payments, track inventory, sales, and more.
Interested in setting up a Clover POS at your location? Talk to an expert at Payline and get an order placed today!
For more payments news and industry insights throughout the week, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn.