Unplugged. Unreachable. There’s no such thing anymore. Can you imagine going an entire day without using your phone? How would you check the news, find a recipe or get the final score? It’s your lifeline and your communication hub; your connection to information, navigation, family, and friends. Smartphones are everywhere and they aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. According to recent Pew Research, 81% of Americans own a smartphone and 35% of them check their phones more than 50 times a day. 50 times! So why not ditch the cash and credit cards and use them as our wallets too? You’re shopping, you’re in a hurry and you realize you left your wallet at home. No worries, just pull out your smartphone, tap to pay, and you’re on your way. Combine that from a business owner’s point of view and use a credit card reader to accept the payment!
Customers love the convenience of paying with their mobile phones rather than with cash or credit card. Popular mobile wallet apps allow you to securely store your credit or debit card information with thumbprint authorization or passcode protection, making it difficult for hackers to get your personal information. Mobile payment solutions are fast, secure, and use a technology called tokenization that helps generate random numbers to replace your bank details on your phone each time you make a purchase.
Mobile contactless payments are digital payments that you make with your mobile wallet with your smartphone. The type of mobile wallet you have typically depended on the type of phone you have. For example, iPhone users have Apple Pay and Android users have Google Pay. Overall, there are a lot of credit card readers, and Payline offers a slew of them.
NFC for Contactless Payments
The Covid-19 pandemic has changed, perhaps forever, the way we think about our proximity to people we do not know. In a retail store or restaurant, mobile payment solutions are enabled by NFC technology or ‘Near Field Communication’, making mobile payment solutions work between your phone and the merchant’s point-of-sale reader. Once your mobile device is in close range, within two inches or less to the point of sale device, they communicate wirelessly to process your payment. Just tap and go for an easy, sanitary, and hassle-free checkout experience.
Build Your Business Using Key Features of Trusted Mobile Credit Card Readers:
Inventory management is a valuable tool that uses the software in your credit card reader to track your in-stock items and see which products are selling, to anticipate customer demands. Analyzing your business data in real-time gives you the ability to strategically adjust your supply based upon the trends you are seeing.
Build a loyal customer base by getting to know them and their buying habits. By understanding their purchase history, you can customize promotions and marketing campaigns to send via email or text. According to data compiled by Clover, customers engaged with loyalty programs spend 60% more per transaction, purchase 90% more often, and are 5 times more likely to choose your brand in the future. Loyalty programs make it easy to reward your customers and keep them coming back again and again.
Many mobile credit card readers provide software that makes it easy to manage your staff and their schedules. Set individual employee permissions based on your team’s availability and responsibilities. Stay on top of transaction activity, by regularly checking sales, timecards, refunds, and even employee tips.
Credit Card Processing
Easy-to-use software allows business owners and managers to set up inventory and employee databases. Simply apply for a merchant account to start taking payments and you’re ready to go. Contact a sales rep for help with selecting the device appropriate for your unique business needs and have them shipped directly to your doorstep. Credit card processing is just one piece of the puzzle for POS systems, and they all offer credit card readers.
Some Mobile Credit Card Reader Options Offered by Payline:
The IDTech VP3300 is a compact, Bluetooth-based, 3-in-1 EMV card reader designed to allow magnetic stripe reads (MSR), ICC (chip card) reads, and contactless transactions (via NFC technology). The device’s small form factor and Bluetooth interface make it ideal for mobile applications where magnetic stripe and/or smart card reading is required.
The VP3300 communicates to the host via USB connection and is supported with a ‘Software Development Kit’ (SDK) that provides a group of tools that enable the programming of mobile applications. The USB port is also used for charging and provides flexibility by allowing the ICC connection and the magnetic stripe head to be installed in a different location from the main contactless module.
More ID Tech VP3300 Features:
- Communicates via Bluetooth. BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy).
- Compatibility. Supports Apple iOS, Android, and Windows platforms.
- Rechargeable. The VP3300’s rechargeable battery allows you to accept payment where there is no external power available.
- Payment Options. Accepts MasterCard, Visa, PayPass, Amex ExpressPay, and more.
- More Payment Options. Accepts Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay, and more.
Accept payments anywhere with this all-in-one, contactless chip, tap, and swipe card reader. Clover Go is a compact, point-of-sale solution for secure credit card transitions conducted with your smartphone or tablet. The payment gateway works as an intermediary between your customer and the merchant, ensuring that every transaction is carried out securely and within seconds. A trusted online payment gateway can simplify how merchants integrate the necessary software that delivers a smooth transaction every time.
More Clover Go Features:
- Flexible. The Clover platform provides the perfect hardware and software solutions that grow with you as your business evolves.
- 24/7 Support. You can’t do it all alone so when you need help, we’ve got your back.
- Mobile. Whether you’re out in the field, behind a counter, or running around your store, the Clover Go Mobile Point-of-Sale app and Clover Dashboard have you covered with intuitive, robust features available at your fingertips.
- Connect Wirelessly. The Clover Go pairs seamlessly with your mobile device or tablet through a secure Bluetooth® connection.
- Paperless Receipts. Customers want to pay and receive receipts in a way that works for them. With Clover Go, it’s simple to email or text receipts to your customers to keep them happy.
- Tips & Taxes. Not everybody can do the math in their head. Set custom percentage amounts for tips and create multiple tax rates for the things you sell.
For a flexible solution designed to meet your full range of payment and point-of-sale needs, choose Clover Flex. Clover Flex is an all-in-one device with the built-in capabilities to help you serve your customers better; at the counter, in line, at a table, or in the barber chair. Get the ultimate flexibility and simplicity with a single device that is easy for you and your customers to use. Hand it over to your customers to dip, swipe, tap, sign, or enter a PIN to complete a debit transaction.
More Clover Flex Features:
- Receipts. Clover Flex includes a built-in receipt printer and barcode scanner.
- Electronic Signature. Clover Flex makes it easier to keep track of receipts and helps prevent future chargebacks.
- Compatibility. Powered with a full suite of business management tools through the Clover Software plans and App market, Clover Flex enables full integration with the complete line of Clover devices. With the flexibility to take an order in line and close it at the counter, complete checkout at the table or in the aisle, you’re free to be available to address all your customer’s needs. With a battery that can go a full day of business without a charge, there’s never a reason to slow down.
- Security. Help protect your customers, business, and reputation from fraud with built-in Clover Security.
- Dashboard. Monitor sales and profit trends, all in one place, with Clover Insights and the Clover mobile companion app.
- Control. Easily manage employee permissions and shifts.
- Loyalty Programs. Build effective, customized customer loyalty programs using data and customer feedback to send promotions in minutes.
- NFC &EMV Payments. Merchants can now securely accept EMV & NFC Payments
- Mobile. Accept payments on-the-go.
Do you know the difference between flat rate versus interchange-plus pricing? If not, you could be overpaying for each transaction you process. Fortune 100 companies all work on an interchange model when it comes to processing their credit card payment so you pay the true cost of a transaction, as opposed to a flat rate.
With Payline’s transparent pricing and your choice of credit card readers, you’ll get the lowest price per transaction no matter what cards your customers are using. The best part? There are no additional fees or long-term contracts to think about. Your dedicated Payline account manager will help you navigate the system, ensuring that you get the right solution, at the best price for your business.