The busiest consumer season of the year is in full swing, and Payline knows that now is the best time to connect with new and current customers. The trick of holiday marketing is to convince your customers that they should be spending their money with your business and not with your competitors. Here are 5 social media tactics that you can follow to be successful this season:
- Use holiday hashtags. Hashtags should be used in correspondence with shopping holidays (like Small Business Saturday’s #ShopSmall, for example). Merchants may use social media tactics such as hashtags to search for sales on social media.
- Involve your staff. Studies show that there is a small overlap between employee and company social networks, so having your staff involved can boost the effectiveness of your marketing campaign. Some companies, like Payline, feature staff in video or other promotional material. Showcasing your staff as one of your social media tactics personalizes your company and offers a transparent look at your operations.
- Share gift ideas. It’s extremely easy to upload a photo onto social media platforms nowadays with many business owners owning smartphones. Take a photo of a product you offer and upload it to a photo album of popular gifts for the holidays on Facebook. Share the same photo on Twitter using a hashtag like #giftguide2016 or #giftideas so that these items are tagged for view in consumers’ social media. It’s important to note that your social media channels should not be set to “Private Mode”; consumers will not find you or your hashtags if your profiles are private.
- Use Facebook Live to offer holiday advice. No matter your business type, if you have a Facebook, you have a way to help both your current and potential customers have a merry holiday season by offering advice on topics that pertain to your business this time of year. Use your smartphone of webcam and log into the Facebook Live app. You can notify your customers that you are doing a live demonstration of a product, or make an announcement about an upcoming sale in advance on your page. This is a great way to give your audience anticipation about your business. Be sure to show up for your Facebook Live event on time, however; many users abandon your page after waiting more than 60 seconds past your stated start time.
- Offer promotions or – even better – giveaways on your social media pages. Nothing brings a consumer more joy than being rewarded for shopping at your business. Create a hashtag campaign across social channels by offering a gift card to a randomly selected customer that posts a picture of your product on their personal channels along with your designated hashtag. This can spark more business for you this season as their audience will see your business offerings. You increase your reach and potentially your business this way. Reward customers who share or participate with a possible email campaign discount.
Experience Payments Differently
Payline helps your business consider creative solutions in payments and in overall good business. Work with Payline over the holiday season to help take your business to new heights.